Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ash wednesday

today is ash Wednesday! that dosen't mean much to some, but it also is the first day of Lent. I'm not catholic, but have celebrated Lent and the 40 days of sacrifice several times since junior year of high school. Lent typically is a time of sacrifice for Jesus, preparing believers for the holy week and the celebration of Easter. Im going to use this time not only to sacrifice something but also to make some changes to my character and attitude. Each day I'm going to do one thing to better myself. Today i wrote a sincere letter to caitlyn, forgiving her and apologizing for my angry words towards her. No matter how i felt about what she did, i should never have been so harsh and rude. Hopefully ill also remember to blog everyday for Lent too, to keep track of how i do. For Lent i am giving up soda. Not a big deal to some but since Dr.pepper is the blood that flows through my veins it's a big deal to me.
Photobucket


Today was a fun day. I was up most of the night last night with a sick child who was wound for sound, thanks to his liquid albuterol...which no-one mentioned to me might interfere with his sleep if taken before bed!(thanks doc & pharmacist) Then i was awoken early to learn that i had to get jakes car out of impound because it's titled in my name still....FUNNNNNN! it was a hassle, but whatever. It got done. On the plus side i got to hang out with Rach and see Logan for a bit, which was nice. He seriously is the cutest kid! his smile just melts you! i feel bad for his dad, he's missing out on a great kid. his loss! Now landon's laying down watching a movie and smelling all yummy from his bath. Burts Bee's is seriously the best bath stuff for little kids, it smells so clean and yummy! Tomorrow im hoping to deep clean the house, im probably having company this weekend! Goodnight all!
Photobucket Photobucket

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in the tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. ‘Where do you want to go?’ was his response. ‘I don’t know’, Alice answered. ‘Then’, said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.’” ~Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Google+ Followers